I have heard so many people say that duct tape fixes everything. It’s funny to hear it said, but it’s also a very useful item… for just about everything. When considering how many things duct tape can be used for, is it any surprise that many people recommend having quite a bit of it on hand?
Duct tape uses:
- Fixing ducts (the obvious one)
- Tent or tarp repair
- Creating rope (lots of great uses for rope!)
- Quick repair of windows or screens
- Mark a trail on trees as you go hiking in unmarked territory to be able to find your way back
- Using another material (like gauze or a tissue), make a bandage
- Make a wallet (not really helpful in a SHTF plan, but it’s something fun the kids can do!)
- Fix a leaky boat, not for long term, but in the short run
- Fix shoes or make emergency sandals
- Create a cup or water storage on the fly
For more ideas and just for fun, check out the MythBusters episode all about duct tape! It’s a good watch!